Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Breasts

At a distance, I regain the composure that allows me this secret expression. With her, I lose this voice. I do not begrudge her.

I just travelled back here from NYC last night. A whole day unpacking my belongings. Well, mainly just all of my books. Getting locked out of the apartment. Then in the car, to sit in traffic outside the Holland Tunnel for at least an hour. Oh, I was so clever leaving at rush hour!

Here, protected by distance, voluptuous bodies reappear in their full sensual splendor. Last night, I see the girl from the coffeeshop. I used to gaze at her body as she stood on top of a chair to change the station on the radio. She is 21 or 22. A college dropout. She is Chinese. Very beautiful.

But what floors me in particular are all of the breasts. Women passing by me here, sitting over there, etc. All of them with these breasts concealed by a bra and some suggestive outer garment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather hilarious. All those breasts.. . on 50% of the population. :)